Spill out your heart sister, show me your passion


There's a fire starting in my heart, reaching a fever pitch and it brings me out the dark

Over the past few days I have been allowed to witness some friends of mine in their so called "element." Doing what they love in front of a crowd, showing us their hearts in their most pure and innocent form and I have to say, I feel pretty special for being allowed to witness that.

On Saturday night a few of us went to watch the music festival, now I love me my music festival, I was almost in tears because I was not up on that stage. But watching my friend I realized this is her passion! She was glowing simply for the fact that she was doing something that she loves.

Last night I attended a new monthly event at Newlife where they show documentaries or movies of substance. The one for this month was called "hope for the sold" it was made by my acquaintances Jay and Michelle Brock. The purpose of this film is to educate about Sex Trafficking. Now I'm not going to get all preachy here and ask you to go out into the world and get your hands dirty but they gave us a list of small things we can do and you can check it out too at http://www.hopeforthesold.com/

Watching Michelle speak last night was so cool, for the time I have known her I have never heard her say more than a few words but during the question session she spoke with so much eloquence and conveyed her message extremely well. It was a neat thing to see.


That's what passions do though. I love watching a person speak about something they love, they kind of get all flustered and that grin beams across their face as they can't get the words out fast enough. It's such an endearing thing.


But of course while I was watching all of these people my little brain go to thinking, what's mine? What is the one thing that I have that when people think "Amy" they think of this. Frankly, I have no idea what that would be. In school I was always the girl that had too many things going on. I was into sports, theater, improv, dance, student council, singing, YoungLife and so many other things on a weekly basis, instead of becoming really good at one of these I settled for being mediocre at all of them.


So what's your passion? I'd really appreciate your replies as I think knowing the answer to that I will really get an insight on who you are as person and I'll so some soul searching and hopefully be able to give you an answer to what mine may be :)


As for now I'm just Amy, the well rounded girl who has too many hobbies and not enough passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...