Every once in a while I think I'm dying...


... my heart lurches to a halt, I gasp for air, my knees buckle and I end up in a ball on the floor trembling. You caused this, yes you. By a simple touch, a short glance, you gazed into my soul caressing every inch, lingering for just a moment, just long enough to leave your mark. Carelessly as you finished you left me by the wayside, no longer needing me for satisfaction, I, still depending on you for joy continue to reach out at loose threads. Pulling at every possible connection I unravel the meager remains of you and me. Words which meant everything to me meant nothing to you, apparently over thought and taken out of context. My stomach is in knots at the thought of you yet this grin still sneaks up on my face, corners of my mouth slowly rising against my will, I've always been a good liar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy here I am...

I'm just a lovesick fool....

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.