All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.


AH! I am so stoked right now, the sun is shining and it feels like Spring has officially arrived :D This weather really just makes me want to play and be silly. I just wanna dance! I have this weekend off of work and I'm hoping the sunshine sticks around for a bit cause I am ready for it! My favourite thing to do on days like this is go down to Dallas road in Victoria and walk all along the beach down to the breakwater. I can remember being about 8 years old and my mom, sister, and I were on one of our infamous walks and on the way back I was just done. My poor little feet were so upset so I flicked off my sneakers like the lil hippie I was and decided to barefoot it all the way back. Just as my whining was getting to it's peak a group of twenty- something guys zipped past on scooters. My heart yearned to sit on the back of one and feel the wind in my hair. God answered my prayers and they came back around the corner for a second time, being the little ham that I was I stuck my thumb out to hitch a ride. My mother let out a laugh and one Jim Carey look-a-like skidded to a halt and said "hop on kiddo!." It was kind of the coolest thing ever.

Spring has sprung people and my heart is all a flutter. Let's go frolic!

Although I love this song year round, it is definitely a staple in my spring/summer soundtrack. Joni Mitchell, how I love thee!

Comments

  1. Gahh! I miss Dallas Road and the breakwater. Whenever I am in Victoria we always find the time to head down and go for walks. I have some awesome pictures from there. Your making me want to come back to the Island. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROAD TRIP! It's a pretty rad place if I do say so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...