One thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.


Hey kids! So I recently read the book "High Fidelity" (there is also a moving staring John Cusack for those non-reading types out there) and in it the main character owns a record store. Now one of my dreams is to own a record store, I would carry all types of music and there would be super sweet listening booths and also a open space in the front for open mic nights and such. It would be legend- you called it- dary. I would help you find that song or record that is stuck in your head, sure you only know the one line, trust me, I know what one you are talking about.

I love how a song can instantly take you back to a moment, most of my fondest memories have a song attached to them. Just this morning while I was at work a classic oldie of my childhood came on the overhead. "MMM bop" by Hanson flooded my ears and I was instantly brought back to my sister and I swooning over Isaac, Taylor, and Zac, singing along as Mom drove to Victoria. Hand out the window, sun warming my skin, it couldn't get any better. I instantly texted my sister to tell her the good news hoping she would get the same warm fuzzies I did.

The second installment of Y.A.W.N. (young adult worship night) happened this Saturday and the music was pretty phenomenal. Many of my favourite worship songs were sung and one of my singing companions attended with me and as we harmonized along with the worship leader we couldn't help giggling. The crowd was pretty tiny and all the girls sitting in my section happened to be singers so we had our own choir accompanying the band. It was pretty great to say the least.

Music has a way of bringing people together like nothing else, I love the feeling, I really do. As for now "Music is my boyfriend." It's going pretty swell and I think I'm in it for the long haul, as long as the Rebecca Black phenomenon comes to an end that is.

For all you "This is Good" readers out there, this one's for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...