You make music in my heart I dance to...

Gahh okay people if you didn't know already you are soon to be educated. I, Amy Pickard, love musicals.

That's right I said it, now if you encounter me on a regular basis you may have noticed I frequently burst into song, on occasion I dance down grocery store aisles and I have been known to wear some rather extravagant outfits. Like I said, musical theater is kind of my thing.

So last night Les Mis (one of my all time favourites) was on the televison I let out a little squeal of "THIS IS GOOD" and cuddled up on the couch to sing along. Lemme tell you, I was not dissapointed. PBS tends to put on these showings of live performances be it David Foster and all the people he discovered or an epic Symphony of some sort but I was thoroughly suprised to see Les Mis.

Now here is an added tidbit of info that made this production even more special. Nick Jonas, member of the Jonas Brothers phenomenon played Marius. I must admit I was a little skeptical at first but as the show continued on his voice actually surprised me, especially during "Empty chairs at Empty tables." (I'll post the video below)

Anyways, next month Shawnigan Lake school is doing Oliver and I gotta say I'm stoked! Definitely going to be reporting back on that one, have a good one friends.



This is one of my all time favourite songs from any musical, used it for many an audition. This woman (Samantha Barks) has so much emotion and a beautiful voice. Loves it


Poor Eponine but hell her voice at 3:33, best chills ever.



That is all, love you <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...