Wasted days make for wasted years...


My Uncle Bruce died yesterday, and I didn't even see it coming. He was 64. Since October or maybe even earlier he had been complaining about pain in his back. Many hospital visits and different tests brought no results until just after Christmas time they finally figured it out. Cancer. As always that stupid little "C" word crept into the mouths of family members and left us feeling sick to our stomachs. I was unaware of the severity and am still in a state of shock. I never got to say goodbye.

Uncle Bruce was and is my favourite Uncle, (Sorry to the other four of you but it is what it is.)Him and my Auntie Barbara always gave us gifts for every birthday and every Christmas, always went out of their way to put in that little extra effort. With my parents being divorced it meant alot that being from my Dad's side of the family they continued to have a relationship with my Mom, my cousin Dave still calls Mom Auntie Julie even though he is only ten or so years her junior.

I really feel for my sister though, being the extreme individual that she is not many people try to relate to her but when she decided to take this radio course her and Bruce bonded. My Uncle Bruce was on Chek news in the 70's and 80's and he was always extra encouraging to Allison and believed in her 100%, which is something she really cherished.

One nice thing that really gets me about death is that it brings people together. When my grandpa Dave died just over a year ago our family got together for the first time in years! Like ten years! It was so heartwarming to see all of my Dad's family together and that bonds were made. Considering there are eight siblings (maybe 9?) it was really neat to see all of them together, Grandpa would of been proud.

"Auntie" Bruce I'm going to miss you so much, thanks for all the joy you brought to my life. I love you.

Babe I already miss you, and you only just walked out the door...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...