Ain't tryin to hide my flaws, I'd rather keep them in the light...


So I assume most of you have heard about the devastating earthquake that hit Japan last night (our time) and how the repercussions are being felt all around the world. Now I am going to admit something and you may all hate me but the fact is when these natural disasters happen, I tend to not really feel anything. I have friends who want to help with relief efforts and get all gung ho about what they can do but I just don't have it in me. Call me selfish, but never having that sort of thing happen to me I just can't fathom the pain that these people are going through and therefore I can't relate and I end up apathetic.

Many of my friends good ol facebook statuses are about their sympathetic feelings for the people of Japan and frankly I agree with these views, but posting it on facebook seems useless in my eyes. The one thing I saw this morning that was refreshing was my buddies post that said "there is always a reason."

Being a Christian woman I agree with this 100% God is using this tragedy for his purpose and whatever that is, I'm with it. Sure I most likely wouldn't be saying that if it was my house floating around, but I'd like to think I would.

I'll be praying for the Japanese people and if you are wanting to see what you can do to help, do not be discouraged. I am so stoked that you have a passion for that and I will help you in whatever way I can.

Much love and boxes-- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...