Flew in like a breeze but blew out like a hurricane...


I'm sure you have your own interpretation of that sentence but when I heard it sung in the song "hurricane" by Treeline I thought of one solitary thing.

(Here is a link to the song and lyrics:
http://treelines.bandcamp.com/track/hurricane )


Here's the scenario: You are just living life going through your daily routine when you have an encounter with someone new. Not knowing this person you non-chalantly shake hands and make small talk slowly getting to know one another, thinking there is a slight possibility of friendship you make plans to hangout. Exchanging stories of childhood and weekends past you realize you have a lot in common and decide to make it official, you add one another on Facebook. Commenting on photos, making statuses of inside jokes you realize this person who seemed to appear out of nowhere is starting to impact your life in a major way. Weeks turn to months and your relationship turns sour. The things you used to find endearing about each other now irk you to your core. A massive fight ensues and then it's over. A huge mess is left behind and the friends you abandoned previously are left to pick up the pieces while you stand alone wondering where it all went wrong.

So what now? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to stand by the wayside and let this relationship fall into the abyss or are you going to search for that original feeling that made you think "This is good" and hold on to it for dear life? I'm a little puzzled with that one myself. As for now I'm staring out into the unknown hopeful of what is to come.

"Welcome to the fallout.... I dare you to move"

Comments

  1. Girlfriend. You sound like you need to talk it out -- talk to me. I'm fairly around all weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...