Oh happy day, I'll never be the same...

OO OO!!
If you have ever attended Camp Imadene you know what I mean when I say that. "Happy day" is probably the most requested chapel song and gets everybody going, actions included all campers and workers "shout it out cause Jesus is alive." It is my favourite thing! Praising God by singing silly songs and being filled with so much joy that you cannot help but smile. So I am super stoked for camp this year.

(This picture is the first day the kids were at camp, me being the girl that I am wanted to do something silly and joined all these boys playing a game we invented called "group pong" notice the neon sunglasses, I am just that cool)

Last summer I attended Imadene for the first time and the results of my week were mixed. I was rather lonely as the position I chose didn't have me working with many other people my age and I didn't get to partake in many activities as I was stuck running mine for the five hours of free time every day. But when the week came to an end I immediately missed the environment and yearned to go back. I realized God wanted me there to talk to the campers and be a light for them. This was new for me as I was usually the one being mentored and running around making friends and now I was sacrificing my week to make someone else's memorable. So I came to the conclusion that this summer I was going to cabin lead.

Considering all the connections I made with the kids (they are all in high school but yes I'll refer to them as kids) I didn't think it would be much of a stretch to just hop in a cabin and go from there. Luckily we are paired up with another person so whatever weaknesses I have hopefully my companion will make up for them and we can impact the lives of these 12 girls that I am going to be blessed with.

The countdown is on people only 146 days left to make me a worthy leader. Let's do this thing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...