One false step and you might not make it home...


If you remember where you come from you will always know where you're going...

Mom and I sought out on a little excursion yesterday, our goal: to reach the cross on Mt. Tzouhalem. My mother had never done this hike before so it was completely in my hands. I have scaled this trek quite a few times thus rationalizing that I knew the way. Well apparently I don't.

Things were going well, we were coming across all the familiar signs that nature had made for us, the little creek, the ditch that you have to jump over and so on and so forth. But as we wandered further into the forest I had an overwhelming feeling that I was lost. I came to a stop and my Mom asked what was wrong, admitting defeat we turned around and trekked back up the massive hill we had come down. After a while I discovered where I had gone wrong but by then we were too exhausted and decided we would try again another day.

All in all it was nice to get some fresh air and enjoy some laughs with my Mom, and I got the beginnings of a wicked tan!

Much love and mountaineering- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy here I am...

I'm just a lovesick fool....

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.