I'll look after you.


Won't you take my cane and hold my hand you're holding on to all I have....

I love old people, most of the time. Working the morning shift is always a blast because I get to see my regulars. The elderly people that come shopping every day, they race with their walkers and canes to the discount bin, banging elbows and gnashing dentures to see what they can find. There is one lady who has been doing this since the store opened, you mention her name and everyone instantly knows who you mean. She is well known in our little town as well for being rather frugal and a huge laugh.

Anyways it was the Cow High grad ceremony this past weekend and her grandson was graduating, seeing me she yelled hello, waved her hands wildly and pulled me over so we could get a photo together. I have never had a conversation with this poor boy in my life. His locker was just down the way from mine in high school but being two years older I never shared a class or a sentence with him thus the most awkward experience for both of us. Knowing how his grandma is he completely understood, throwing his arm around me he yelled "This one's a keeper Gran!" We plastered on our cheesiest smiles let out a giggle and bid each other adieu and that was that.

Here is a little video helping show that old people are always full of surprises

Much love and rub A535- Amy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy here I am...

I'm just a lovesick fool....

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.