How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Answer: You don't know?!


Last night I had the pleasure of visiting an old friend, quite a few old friends actually as I attended YoungLife's Hipster themed club. For those of you who don't know YoungLife is a christian based high school youth program that meets weekly to sing songs, play ridiculous games, and build relationships with kids while introducing them to Jesus in a non-threatening way.

James (the fearless leader) kindly invited the alumni back to join in the festivities as we all dug out our non-prescription Buddy Holly glasses and our wolf tees to listen to some band that you won't know about til next year, all in all it was rather obnoxious but alot of fun.

I got chosen for the game as the requirement for the volunteers was to be a quote "Music lover." As this was rather fitting I climbed up to the front of the room to partake in Hipster Music trivia. They would play the first 30 seconds of a song and you had to buzz in stating the Artist and Song for two points. I won by a landslide although I made the mistake of thinking "body in a box" by City and Colour was "Wagonwheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show, but lemme tell you if you listen to the first bit they sound the same! Forgive me! I would never have forgiven myself if I didn't get Aidan Knight's "Jasper" or Dan Mangan's "Robots" but I did (of course).


Even though the club events ended on a high falsetto note as we sang "Wonderwall" I couldn't help feeling like the odd man out. YoungLife was a huge part of my life when I was in grade 12 and I was super bummed when it came to an end for me but as the years past I kind of got over it. Seeing all the students so caught up in it all I couldn't help feeling like I was on the outside looking in, completely set apart.

Relationships with old friends were sparked up again and I'm hoping something comes from it but as for YoungLife I think that ship has sailed.

Much love and cut-off shorts
Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.