Look inside my heart, and be amazed


Sometimes I really just don't wanna go to work. I want to lay in bed all day, sing random songs in my head (seriously I do this) and just be a vegetable. But I somehow manage to pull myself out of bed and get to work only to have a fantastic encounter with a stranger that changes my whole mindset about work, until the next time that is.

Yesterday was one of those days, arriving at work things turned out alright as I got to work an express til (best!) after a few hours of monotonous scanning a little girl and her mom came through my til the mom and I chatted while I made funny faces at the little girl. As they were about to leave the little girl pulled at her mom's hand and whispered something to her, the mom responded by saying "No you can tell the lady." I expected her to ask for a lollipop or something but as she climbed onto the counter she simply looked me in the eye and said, "You're beautiful." As tears welled up in my eyes I said "thanks sweetie, you are too!" and that was that.

Out of the mouths of babes hey? My heart was softened instantly and my whole demeanor changed as this girl broke me down by two little words.

Have a great day all, you're beautiful!

xoxo Amy


"... and a little child will lead them" -Isaiah 11:6 b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.