Shake me down, Not a lot of people left around...


Here's the deal people, as we all now I am a rather outlandish crazy person at times and am always to known to be the one to "bring the party," but on the other side, I'm a bit of a homebody. For example, last night (a Friday) I came home from work to a sick mom who I had to look after thus squishing any thoughts of an eventful night.

And frankly, I was okay with that.

Having an older sibling who didn't want anything to do with me as a child I spent a vast majority of time in my room alone. (No wonder I have such a large and ever-going imagination) So I am perfectly capable of being alone with myself from time to time.

I turned the radio dial to The Zone and plugged in the laptop and set up shop for the night. As I was perusing around Facebook a friend showed up at my door to drop off a few items of mine and while I went to put these away she took the liberty of friend requesting some randoms (apparently I need some new friends.) She then departed and that was the end of that.

Or so I thought.

I posted a status that I was bored and wanted to be entertained and instantaneously I received a text message from an unknown number. It was rather enthusiastic and I felt intrigued to engage in conversation, so I did, and random number and I talked for a solid hour and a half. Back and forth our text messages would go and it turns out we have a lot in common.

I'm not going to go into all the details but here a few things that I came across: our music taste, we both write, both Christians, both from the Island, and we both enjoy texting random people. ;)

But here's the thing, and I couldn't put it any better myself, I woke up to this song playing on my Ipod and it just captured my feelings perfectly. So I'm going to let Said the Whale take the reigns and say it for me.

"I've got my thoughts wrapped up in you
I've got my head all messed up with you"


Seriously though, my head is reeling right now as I cannot fathom how this random person (who will be referred to as J) was brought to me at the perfect time and that he is the exact male version of myself.

Wait a minute, yes I can. It's one of those THIS IS GOOD! God moments that I live for! I even mentioned that in a text last night. Let me tell you, I completely understand that I appear as a crazy stalker person and am getting a tad too excited about this, but frankly, I'm a little lonely. It appears to me that J needed a friend at the moment too, so we will see what happens.

As for now I'm still giggling at the fact that God works in mysterious ways and knows just what to do when we're feeling down.

Even on a cloudy day, I got my eyes fixed on the sun.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy here I am...

I'm just a lovesick fool....

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.