The Tuesday Sessions...


"If you feel like, come with me. I will tell you a story, I'll show you something"

It was Saturday night and Mother and I were about to embark on a little youth event. We arrived at the church and joined the others in the foyer for games and snacks. Whilst waiting for the rest of the expected guests to arrive Pastor Lech looked me in the eye and said, "Tell me about this group you hang out with?"

I did a little shoulder check and pointed at myself and said, "Me?" He nodded and I began to weakly explain the bible study I attend Tuesday nights.

"What has it done for you?"

Ah yes, the inevitable question, and all I could respond with was "I feel like it's blessed me" before my eyes started to well up with tears (another inevitable thing) He left it at that and we continued on with our evening.

But let me tell you something, I AM BLESSED. Over these past few months I have been absorbed into a group of girls that as of now I cannot picture living without. Being the youngest I feel like I have been adopted by these older girls and that I have been taken under their wing. Not only have I been blessed with one great mentor, I have at least three on a weekly basis. One in particular has a special place on my heart. I have immense gratitude for God placing her in my life. The funny thing is, she is so naive and humble about her leadership skills (which is a new thing for her ;))sometimes I wish I could just shake her and be like LOOK AT ALL YOU ARE DOING IN MY LIFE! But last night I had an epiphany, although she is doing a great job mentoring me, our fearless leader S was asking for a mentor all her own.

It seems as I was going along on my own course of growth and looking to her for answers and directions I forgot that she needs these things too. Her mind and spirit are needing to be fed just as much as mine are, and she still has a bundle of questions that she needs answers for too.

So first of all I just want to say a simple thank-you to these girls and especially you S for blessing my life in so many ways.

Secondly, I hope you get that mentor, and when you do, you best be passing all that information on to me.

Until next Tuesday, Amy

Comments

  1. AWWWWWWWW (tear) !!!
    You are so precious that its almost ridiculous. Ya'll have really been an anchor for me, and YOU are such a vital peice of the pictuere that you are not aloud to ever leave, fyi. Each and every one of us has so much to learn from one another and from our God and as long as we keep that in mind...the learning and growing never stops! I friggin love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...