It's like paradise spread out with a butter knife...


This week was "THE" week for "This is Good." A plethora of things happened and I don't think I'll mention them all in this post but I'll try.

It all started last Friday, my before mentioned bff came home for her reading break and we started if off with a bang! Our mutual friend R was having his 20th birthday so we went out for dinner with our other friend A and had some good giggles and some good time reminiscing and just catching up.

Saturday Cass and I went to a worship night at City Gate church. Although I love my home church one of my favourite things is to worship with people I love. When I am standing with my friends singing praises to my God in harmony with them I can feel the Holy Spirit so much more than when I praise alone. The bible says in Matthew 18:20 "When two or three people gather in my name I am there with them" And I feel God most when I gather with my christian besties to just love Him.

Sunday night we went to the concert described in the previous post, I ended up sleeping over at Cass' house and in the morning we embarked on a trip to good ol' Saltspring Island.



Now if you are from around here there is a little joke about Saltspring being the "hippy" island, and yes there are a collection of free spirited people and you can't walk into a store without being overcome by the scent of patchouli, but I love it. It's like the ambiance of the Corfield cafe stretched out over an entire island. We went to our favourite stores and drove out to Burgoyne Bay where I sent a short message in a bottle out into the ocean. Knocking something off my bucket list we headed home to our own Island with our new tie dyed shorts and knitted goods :)

Tuesday Cassia decided to bank some hours at her Dad's office so I got to hangout with my other love Mary. We did some secondhand shopping and met up with our buddy V. Catching up over coffee was great and in the evening Mary, Cassia, and I headed to our lovely Tuesday sesh of bible study.

These girls always know how to make my week, I just can't get over this bible study and if you are reading this and are a female who doesn't yet attend drop me a line and I'll slip you the deets because YOU NEED TO BE THERE!


Now we are at Wednesday. We three girls were supposed to go shopping in Victoria for it was Cassia's 20th birthday but if you aren't living under a rock you noticed that we got a dumping of snow. This blanketed our plans and left us to hangout in our lovely town of Duncan. We hit up some of our old time hangouts and ended up going down to the river to take some gorgeous pictures. I am not usually one for photo taking but my two girls are rather photographically inclined, and I must say, they are abfab. I also taught myself to knit earlier Wednesday morning, ticking off another bucket list item I realized, Holy cow, this week is not just good, it's great.

So I gotta say blog friends, things are looking up, and I'm rather frightened to go back to work next week and have things slip back into their mundane routine, but I'll work it out. Later gators - Amy

For the time, for the time being, I am honestly, smiling now...

Comments

  1. GAHHHH! Sounds like just the BEST WEEK EVVEERRRR! you Salt Spring hippy comments made me laugh out loud. You three are the apple of my eye. Is that possible - having three apples to my eye? I miss Mary and Cass not being with us EVERY SINGLE Tuesday night. And Amy, if you were not there every single time I think I would just DIE.
    I've been studying through Romans and I am SO excited to begin; its very challenging -- hits some uncomfortable truths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is exactly what I need. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...