I drank a glass of tears, before I fell in love...


Well folks, today is the day. February 14th, Valentine's Day. While working away on my express till I was overwhelmed by men of all ages filling their arms with flowers and chocolate, hurriedly throwing their money down and running out the door. One elderly man mentioned that he didn't need to waste money on said items because he wasn't guilty and didn't have to make up for anything. I chuckled at this and wished him a good day, but, the longer the day toiled on and the more attractive youngins that kept coming by I started to feel rather low. I pondered the question "Why don't I have someone doing that for me?" But now, sitting at home, I wonder how I got so wound up.

The idea of having someone care about you is obviously appealing, but I can buy myself chocolate, I think flowers are rather superfluous (although I'll take any you feel like buying me :D ) and I am not a fan of stuffed animals. So the fact that I was rather jealous of these girls is ridiculous.

One thing that I got caught up in this week was helping out a friend of mine. B needed some help with a lady friend and was constantly facebooking, texting, and downright annoying me with questions of what to do, which flowers to buy, and so on and so forth. It got to the point when I wanted to yell at him WHO CARES! He is so twitterpatted by this woman though and it's rather adorable so I hope it works out. But if you know me, I don't exactly have "luck" with the opposite sex and what surprises me is that my friends all constantly ask me for advice. Frankly, I got nothing. I have never once had a Valentine, let alone a regular date so why ask me? It seems that being on the outside looking in over the years I have accumulated some knowledge that can only be achieved by witnessing many fail.

To all you couples out there, cherish it, and don't waste a single moment.

"For all we know, we may never meet again"
THIS IS GOOD: Donny Hathaway- For all we know



And if you got a question feel free to ask it, cause the newly titled Dr. Love (me) makes house calls. MUCH LOVE PEOPLE, MUCH LOVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...