We talked too long ago now it's quiet...


Here's the scenario people. You have a really great friend for a few months that you do everything with, you make each other friendship bracelets, get matching shirts at concerts, go on epic adventures, and then it just stops. No more talking, no more laughing, you see one another and there is no longer anything to say. Have you ever been there? I have, more than once actually.

I find that's how my relationship with God is. We have these epic few months that are just filled with talking and worship and I can feel His work in my life, and then it just stops. Without any warning our little Honeymoon phase wears off and I'm back to slumming it with those people our mothers warned us about. I just don't get it. If I am enjoying such a fantastic and spiritual relationship with the One I love why ruin it? Why do I constantly sabotage every good situation?

These questions get pondered for a little while as I slowly slip into despair, but then one of you (yes you!) tells me something good that God has done in your life, and this hint of envy creeps in and I think "I want that!" Jealous of your relationship with God, I crave one too and it starts all over.

But why the roller coaster ride? Our friendship with God is just like our friendship with one another, it takes time and effort. God will never stop pursuing us so we have to put in equal effort to pursue Him. He's a jealous God and He doesn't just want part of our attention, He wants ALL OF IT!

So I'm going to apologize if I forget to hangout with you one day, or don't reply to a text message, because, you've been replaced. God is kind of my new bff. We have something better than matching flip flops. We have eternity with one another.

Don't worry if you're jealous, I can introduce you to Him. Maybe all three of us can go for coffee? I hear He loves you already.

Comments

  1. Oh man I friggin love you. Can you and Him come over tomorrow at say...7? Great, see you then. I love you.
    P.S your writing makes me laugh, go "awe" and cry (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Amy - you take loving God to a fantastic level. You are amazing and I wish you lived here. Praise God for His gift of words in you and the ability to say them with such amazing grace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.