This is good?


This blog originally was meant to keep friends updated on the rad things that were going on in my life, by writing about them I wanted to include you in the moments that were life-changing, eye opening, or just plain hilarious. But as I tend to evolve and change, so did this blog. It's turned into a rather scatterbrained, slightly depressed being with a crazy streak. Sound familiar?

Well it's time to go back to the essence of this blog and to tell you something that will hopefully make you think THIS IS GOOD!

Here goes:
After my little escapade that shall not be mentioned I was feeling pretty crappy about myself and was rather disappointed in the fact that I felt the need to indulge in such stupid desires. Thus the fact of going to bible study was kind of nerve wracking. I really was not in the mood to confront God about this. But guess who showed up, the good man upstairs decided that tonight we would be hearing about being Holy. Being set apart, sticking out like a sore thumb and separating ourselves from the world. Well looks like I'm in for it. Already rightfully screwing this up I just had to shake my head and take it like a champ. Our lovely speaker got to me when she was talking about three stages of sanctification:

#1 Positional Sanctification: This happens the moment you become a Christian, you are justified unto God. I thought, well I got this one down, maybe this won't be so bad.

That's when God chuckled and said, "I'm not done teaching you your lesson yet."

#2 Lifestyle Sanctification: A decision to yield to the Holy Spirit on a REGULAR BASIS, regardless of the way it feels, regardless of what others are doing. OOPS! Definitely not a strong point.

And lastly,
#3 Ultimate Sanctification: When we see Him face to face and are delivered from the presence of sin. Well I can't really get to that yet, but man am I STOKED!

So after a good swift smack on the back of my head to smarten up I realized I had a few choices to make. Either I could continue on this double standard of loving God and loving the world, or I could take a step for the better and boldly live for Him and dare to be different in this sea of sameness.

Our speaker brought up a good point by asking the question, is it worth it to me? If I am willing to sacrifice relationships and reputations for a night of "fun" am I willing to do the same for God? Is it worth it?

Heck yes it is!

So I apologize for giving you a false impression of what this blog was supposed to be about. Also I apologize for giving you a false impression of what I am all about. I'm working on it.

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 1 Corinthians 7:1

Comments

  1. I friggin love you girl! You gotta know that there is never any judgement when you come to b-study. We've all been there. I wish I was half the girl with half the smarts you have, a few years back :)
    Gah! I'm just gushing over with how fond I am of you! I've got a friend crush on you !! LOL
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You melt my heart Sarah, la la love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.