If you belive in fairies...


My heart is aching dear friends, the reason: I haven't performed since August. The last thing I did was an impromptu Improv sesh at Imadene and I am yearning for more. I miss the theater, I miss getting lost in a script and turning into a completely different person, absorbing yourself into their quirks and movements, becoming someone new.

"I'm like Tinkerbell, I need applause to live." That quote fits me to a T. Whether it be acting, singing, dancing, or just telling a good joke, I crave the recognition. To psychoanalyse myself I have a huge inferiority complex.

Yearning for recognition I tend to look towards those around me, but shouldn't I be looking to God? His opinion is the only one that truly matters, shouldn't that be enough to sustain me. Frankly it should. But we live in such a corrupt world that it's not satisfying me. I hope and pray that one day it will.

The world may not always love me for who I am, but red or yellow, black or white, I am precious in His sight. And that's comforting to know.

Tinkerbell had Peter Pan, and I have Jesus Christ, and His applause are the only ones I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.