I can tell that we are gonna be friends...


A few weeks ago I was shopping in downtown Victoria when a girl caught my eye.
She was tall, slender, with long flowy locks, and the most amazing shoes I had ever seen (GORGEOUS) We were both waiting in line to try on similar dresses, noticing this we both giggled politely. We could have been clones for we both were clad in: over sized sweaters, skinny jeans, crazy costume jewelry, and these dresses draped over our arms. As we simultaneously turned back to our shopping companions I overheard her say something about The Drums self- titled CD and I knew it was love. My mom noticed me getting all starry eyed and asked me if I knew this girl, I did not and that was the end of that.

Do you ever have those moments? A random conversation with a cashier or an accidental hip check with the person beside you in the Mall and boom there is an instant connection. It doesn't have to be an attraction but you just cannot get this person out of your mind, you've developed a friend-crush. Every time you go out you have this little inkling of hope that maybe, just maybe you'll see them again and you'll both smile in acknowledgement cause you know they have been feeling the same way and have been earnestly waiting your arrival.

God works that way too, He gets so jazzed when you have your first encounter with Him that he feverishly works His way into your life, then you get to that moment when you finally acknowledge Him and a giant grin beams across His face because you finally feel the same way He does.

So keep searching. Cause He's just waiting in line like the rest of us. Lucky for Him He knows which pants are going to fit before He enters the change room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...