Aidan Knight, this one's for you...


Holy poop I am in love... again. You guessed it, with the one and only Aidan Knight. His newest endeavour titled "Friendly Fires" has left me encumbered with the duty of telling all of you about it's greatness. So here goes, (insert sing song voice) IT'S GREAT!

Now if you are a frequent "This is Good" reader then you already know of my admiration for this man, and if you're into local, folky, just plain awesome music, he is your guy. His lyrics are haunting and leave you feeling a strong connection to someone whom you don't even know, but you now feel like you do. His previous album "Versicolour" has had rave reviews and is on constant rotation at Casa de Pickard.

Now I apologize to those off you who have had to hear me singing some unfamiliar song these past couple of weeks for "Land's End" has crawled into my brain and just will not let go, (it may have even knocked "altar boys" out of top position) so I've been singing it out, if you would like to hear the original version check it out at www.aidanknight.bandcamp.com

And if you ever get the opportunity to see Aidan Knight live, take it up, you will not be disappointed.

That's really all I have to say on this topic, it's time for me to sink back into my easy chair, flick on the stereo, and reminisce about boys in flannel shirts singing about "Jasper."

"Take me down to the water..."

Comments

  1. Oh Amy you crush like a girl in middle school. I love it! And I also love reading your blog becasue it is one that is in the catagory of "easy reading" you are really talented at making writing flow. Something I strive for. So jel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured your brain may need a rest, I'm like the easy listening channel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...