Waiting on MY world to change...

So I am going to assume most of you have heard the song "Waiting on the World to Change" by John Mayer. I have a strong liking for this song and the message it brings forth to it's listeners. Some of the lyrics really strike a chord with me and get me amped up to change the world.

But that's where it ends. My Ipod shuffles along to the next song which is probably about gettin crunk somewhere and that excitement for change flutters away as easily as it came along.

Recently I was reading a friend's blog and she challenged us (ME) to memorize two bible verses a month that coincide with what we are currently experiencing. My first thoughts were of hesitation and that I could never do that (nothing new there) but as I marinated (one of Sarah's words) on this challenge I thought why not? If I fail I fail but at least I gave it a try. So I'm accepting this invitation and am going to give it everything I got. There's no time to sit around and wait for John Mayer to ask me to help out. I have to do it for myself and myself alone.

So you may keep waiting (waiting) on your world to change, but I'm no longer waiting on mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...