The winds of this world can push us around....

Well folks today was super swell.

As Mom and I cannot go a weekend without venturing somewhere we decided to go to Victoria... again. But instead of getting our shop on we decided to go down to Dallas road and gallivant along the gorgeous ocean side. Now I have previously mentioned this darling tourist attraction on This is Good but today was different.

When I was a youngin my mother used to drag my sister and I up and down that beach as we cried out in agony that we were so tired, hungry, and in need of a bathroom break. As we grew older the walks got slightly more enjoyable as we took in the scenery for all it was. So it was kind of sad that my sister wasn't there to accompany us today on our adventure but nevertheless we had the time of our lives. I was thoroughly excited when I looked to the ocean and saw 30+ windsurfers givin' er on the massive swells that were colliding with the shore.

The winds were crazy! Mom and I got tossed around like rag dolls as we ran from bench to bench doing our best parkour impressions and just frolicking in the tall grass. We got many a looks from all the dog-walking/ sidewalk yoga enthusiasts but we couldn't care less for we were having fun.

As we neared Ogden Point the winds were at a supreme high and as we stepped out on to the breakwater we were instantly scared for our lives.

In all my years I have never seen that thing empty. There is always at least one Lululemon clad runner out there, but today, no one. So we were a little nervy as we made our way through the fence and out into the wide open.

A giant wave came in and splashed up beside me as Mom got blown from left to right. Obviously this was not a safe excursion and we turned around and left feeling slightly defeated.

We made our way back to the car taking a detour through Beacon Hill Park. As we marched through the fields, the hills were alive as I bent over and picked a few daisies from the grass. Mom asked me if I was going to make a chain and I stated that I was not, I intended to put them in my
ears. She pictured me sticking them inside and gave me a puzzled stare as I shoved them in with my plugs.

"Stinkin hippie!"

A mother's love is one of a kind ;)

We trekked onward and were greeted by a multitude of ducks and geese and one charming peacock whom I named Winston, who, to my delight, followed me all throughout the park.

I bid him adieu and we left to enjoy the rest of the day.

As Mom and I walked arm in arm back to the car I couldn't help but smile and think "This Is Good."

Much love and simple pleasures-- Amy

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point "if this isn't nice, I don't know what is" -- Kurt Vonnegut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...