My heart will sing no other name...


I love worship.

I love singing.

And yes, I fully understand that worship is not singularly singing praises to our Lord above but man oh man do I excel in that aspect.

We all have our preferences. Some people are really good at prayer and delight in spending time in it. Others worship God by their actions and how they love others. I must say that although all of these things are extremely important in your walk with God I tend to slack off slightly in certain areas.

But boy when it comes to singing I am all over it. Last night is a great example.

I entered the bible study room only to have my ears bombarded with fantastic music. Our extremely talented male populous had got together beforehand to jam a bit and I loved it. Seriously. Just hanging out with your pals and their guitars. Swoon. I immediately thought "This is good."

We always open with a few songs and I find it extremely awkward being one of the only girl voices in the crowd. But I just picture me and my pal Jesus on a road trip somewhere jamming to our favorite songs and the awkwardness dissipates.

As the night progressed my anticipations were met and the evening was lovely. After our study time I sat beside my good pal Dyl and he and I started to sing some songs. His brother joined in and eventually we were all going at it again. "Wagon wheel" was on the set list as it always is along with some local favourites and a few oldies that we all knew by heart.

Best. Ever.

Much love and sing-alongs-- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...