I give it all away...

God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it
-- 1st Corinthians 10:13

Lent starts today.

Now last year I gave up chocolate and I know that sounds kind of fluffy and superfluous but for me it was not an easy task. This year, the goal I have set before me, that race that is to be run is: I, Amy Pickard, will not buy any clothes for forty days.

I know what you are thinking, big woop, how hard could that be? But sit down and let Amy tell you all a story.

I go thrifting. A lot. In Duncan there are a lot of secondhand stores and you can get some quality product for super cheap. Therefore, I tend to accumulate many items in my closet.

Mom and I also like to adventure up and down the Island on the weekends, either to Victoria or Nanaimo. Prime shopping locations. The fact that I also have no major bills to pay tends to hinder me in the fact that I blow my money on whatever I please. Which tends to be pretty dresses and singlet tops.

So here we are folks. Day 1. I have this week pretty easy as I don't get paid until next Thursday but the cheque that is coming shall be mighty fine and Spring lines are starting to appear in the stores. This could be more of a challenge than I thought.

What are you "giving up" to God this year?

Much love and cures to fashion fevers-- Amy

Comments

  1. I dont think thats silly at all--the giving up clothing thing. Good for you A!

    I never used to watch or have cable but the past several months I have, and I know it takes up valuable time I could be having with the Lord. I took the cable cord out of the wall today and am giving up TV for lent (...longer than lent would be good).

    Love you. Hope I get to talk to you more next Sunday; last Sunday was a blur for me

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.