Your love will never fail...

Faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains....

WOW.

Looking back on the week I just experienced I am left utterly speechless.

I was blessed with a group of 12 girls that impacted me in ways I did not expect. I went into that week anticipating having to be a witness for God, to be perfect in my christian ways, and to have to uphold this level of righteousness, but, in the end, these girls were a witness to me and encouraged me to grow deeper in my relationship with Christ. As I went in to leading them closer, they in turn, ended up leading the way.

As I was drawn closer to the Lord, being brought to tears in almost every chapel, I came to the realization that enough was enough, that the Lord's love is enough for me, that it will always satisfy, that I need to stop searching for love from others and cling to Him.

This was really hard for as always there was a guy there that I really connected with, and with having him show interest not only for me, but for others I was jealous, and I was hurt when things didn't go my way. But nevertheless God prevailed.

One of the most impacting moments for me was on Tuesday night when Evan our speaker said that we could stick around after chapel and pray if the spirit moved us. Being leaders Cassia and I had to hangout to see if any of our girls were there, as we moved around the room we were brought to our friend who's brother had abandoned his relationship with Christ and was at this camp, (determined to be kicked out) and was bawling in the center of the room surrounded by his cabin mates. As us three girls prayed for him and for our families, Cass and I joined this group of men and just surrounded him with our love and prayers, he was so overwhelmed with the presence of the Lord he just collapsed and wept as Christ sought him out and brought him back into his love. This young man took a total 180 and by outdoor chapel testimony time he was completely changed and impacted every life he touched.

It was beautiful.

The next night, four of our eldest girls and us leaders joined together in a circle of prayer, praising God for everything he was doing, there were no petty requests or wishes asking to be granted just simple praise to our Father. We went on for 45 minutes or so and with tears of joy in our eyes we embraced for words were just not enough to convey how thankful we truly were and are for the how He was moving.

I really opened up this week as God brought so many people in to my life who truly and sincerely loved me with open arms, I'm so jazzed to see all the good that he is going to do through us as we continue to be "weird" for Him and to strive for change.

I could go on and on here but my mind is not making cohesive thoughts right now.

Much love and potatoes- Amy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.