Until I feared I would lose it, I did not love reading. One does not love breathing...


-from Harper Lee (of To kill a Mockingbird fame)

I recently just finished reading a book called "Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs. It is a non-fiction book where A.J. an agnostic Jew decides to take the bible as literally as possible and follow every commandment within it. This leads to some rather comical situations and also a lot of learning and discovery for not just him for but all who read it.

Although Jacobs goes into this challenge wanting to learn and discover I ended up being taught so many things that I did not know.

I have read most of the bible but I am far from being able to recall each and every verse. Some people would then question how I could follow a faith without knowing everything it entails. Sure the bible is there for guidance and understanding of our Lord but I think Christianity is so much more than that, just like it's unhealthy to hoard yourself up inside and read books all day I think you need to take action in your faith instead of constantly being buried in the bible.

Thus bringing me back to this quote. Until I am no longer able to read I don't think I'll hunger for it the way I should. I take it for granted just like so many other things, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Anywho, to end things off, if you're looking for a good book, and even if you are not a christian, you should check out "Living Biblically." Let me know what you get out of it, and if you have any books you think I should read post a comment :)

(The bible is already on the list :P)

Much love-- Yams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...