Good morning, you have Bell's Palsy!


hello all, so yesterday morning I woke up and couldn't move part of my mouth. Seriously. It looked like I either had a stroke or just received a filling for a cavity. Finding it rather comical I didn't think much of it. This morning I awoke hoping it would have gone away, unfortunately the symptoms have only worsened. I can not blink properly on my right side and my eye is constantly watering, I cannot move the right side of my mouth nor can I raise my eyebrow at all, picture bad botox!

Being the computer savvy person I am, I decided to google "Temporary facial paralysis" and found this http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/bells/detail_bells.htm which describes to a T what I have.

So I then decided to youtube it..... bad choice. Reading peoples comments some say they have had this for years!! Being a 19 year old girl is hard enough worrying about zits and hair and body size now I have to be concerned about the fact that my face doesn't move! I am freaking out a bit.

I have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday but until then I work the next three days! I may die of embarrassment. Hopefully I have a speedy recovery and this only lasts for a few weeks instead of months! Also my face may never go back to normal, pretty rad outcome right there, so please pray for peace of mind and comfort and a quick recovery.

And although I may be poking fun at this situation and that may be how I "cope" please don't make jokes cause this seriously sucks.

Love you all-- Amy

Comments

  1. Oh No Amy! It could be what Matt harder had, it was some sort of virus and his face is normal now so hopefully that gives you some comfort. Many prayers for you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister said the same thing Mary, I facebooked him but haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the love :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.