History 101....


The other day someone asked me where I came up with the name "This is Good" for my blog so I thought I'd give you all a little history lesson, here goes.

About a year and a half ago I was introduced to a plethora of awesome music. As I eagerly learned the lyrics and melodies, two of my new favourite songs had a common thread. "This is Good" by Hannah Georgas and "Pine for Cedars" by Dan Mangan. Easily enough you can see where I get it from Hannah as the chorus ends with "... I can't help but feel like this is good" and in "Pine for Cedars" it goes something like this "this is good, but as far as I can tell it's still heavy as hell when it's good." Kind of a juxtaposition of feelings but at the time they were both very fitting.

Last July Hannah came to Duncan with the Malahat Revue which also included, Said the Whale, Aidan Knight, and Jeremy Fisher. Witnessing them perform twice in one evening was the first installment of a "This is Good" feeling and I can remember stating that as the night came to a close.

A month or so passed and we started our girls bible study, flipping through my bible one day I opened to a random page, picked a verse and had myself a giggle. Right where my index finger was perched were three little words, you guessed it, 1st Timothy 2:3 greeted me stating "This is Good."

And that was that.

From that moment onward this blog was dedicated to spreading joy, laughter, and experience to all of you with the intent of you realizing that in your life there too can be things that bring you to that solitary thought.

Much love and moments of goodness- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too...