.... because you are good to me!


Wow friends, simply wow. I am in such a euphoric state left over from the events of this weekend that I don't think I'm capable of capturing it all right here for you. But nevertheless, I will try.


It started out last Thursday as Cassia, Dyl and I embarked on an adventure to Nanaimo to see my one and only love, Aidan Knight. He was performing at the outdoor stage at Maffeo Sutton park and it was the perfect day for it. Not too warm and not too cool, surrounded by flannel clad hipsters we enjoyed the perfection of an Aidan Knight performance. Whether it be his haunting falsetto crooning or the naive humbleness that exudes from his being I am always left in awe. Cass and I have been to many of his concerts and have always wanted to get a photo with him and this time it happened. Arms wrapped around each other we put on some stern comical looks and captured a "This is Good" moment on film forever. (disposable cameras FTW)
Friday was a chill day as I just relaxed at home with Mom, watching some sweet movies on the boob tube.


Saturday I had to arise bright and early for work, anxiously ringing through customers I could not stop twitching with excitement as I knew that just a few hours away I'd be out at Oasis surrounded by fellow Christians at Alive Inside.
I have a lot of love for this camp. Being right on the Cowichan River, surrounded by wooden cabins with walls covered by names of campers past I started my relationship with Christ. This is where I became a Christian and my life changed forever.


Arriving an hour before we should of (they let us in anyways) mom and I perched our setup right where we wanted to, sat back and soaked in some rays and waited for the show to start. Lucky for us the bands were still doing sound checks and we enjoyed a show that was for our eyes only. As Leeland finished, the lead singer (of the same name) decided to play some soccer with us kids, showing us up with his epic footwork I was starstruck.


Running in to some friends of mine I was told a funny story that had happened earlier in the day, Mark was telling Rob that Amy Winehouse had died and Rob was left heartbroken, gasping in shock he almost started to cry was Mark asked "You do know who that is right?" Not knowing my last name he thought that Mark was talking about me! Thinking it through he realized his mistake and felt rather embarassed about the whole thing. I was left feeling rather loved and am now stuck with the new nickname of "Winehouse"


After a few smaller bands performed it was finally time for Leeland to take the stage. During his performance he reminded us all that we should remember that our "Worship is not our song" and that God would prefer us to never sing again if we would worship him the way we ought to. That really struck home with me as I find that singing praises to God is the easiest way for me to express my love for Him but I need to worship him with my whole being, not just my voice.


The whole crowd was surprised with a guest appearance from Manafest and man can that guy put on a show. I was blown away by his prescence and how genuine he is, not to forget his pulling up five people on stage to dance around and act like fools.
The day continued to leave me speechless as moment after moment was worthy of this blog. It reminded me of why I started this whole thing, it was "This is Good" in it's purest form.


In the words of a friend I still have a "bangover" from rocking out to the show closer Rapture Ruckus and their New Zealand swag but man was it worth it.


God is great and never ceases to amaze me.


Much love and rediscovery- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.