There's a reason that I love this town...


So if you were in Duncan yesterday you would have to agree that it was gorgeous out! Looks like Spring has finally appeared and is trying to stick around. Seriously though I love where I live sometimes. We are surrounded by so much green, lush, nature that I am constantly being reminded of God's glory and infinite beauty.

The day would not of been complete without a visit to the Corfield Cafe in the Duncan Garage so I went and ordered some lunch as per usual but this time instead of enjoying the atmosphere inside I took my meal to go.

Wandering around I decided to take a seat in this little park wedged between some buildings right down town. Now usually when you walk past there are homeless people scattered all around but today it was vacant and waiting for me.

While the sun warmed my back I finished my super delicious meal and made my way into the downtown core to read my book. After a while I started to feel rather lonely. I'm reading "Irresistible revolution" by Shane Clairborne (actually I finished it since I was outside for 4 hours!) and it talks a lot about community and I suddenly felt like I had none. But as I continued reading God reminded me of how I am never alone and that He is always with me. It was a blessed assurance.

Anyways God is good. The funniest thing is happening outside my window, on my Grandma's roof there is this silly crow strutting his stuff back and forth and back and forth. Cheep entertainment. Get it?Bad pun I know.

love you- Amy

Comments

  1. I think I am going to steal your title, I mean Joel's title for my next blog post. Themed the same as yours :P.
    IT'S SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can allow that. Joel would be proud, gotta love that guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.