I won't worry, it must be in my dreams....


What a week I have had my friends!

As most of you know I work as a cashier and the best part of my job is when highly attractive young men come through my checkout. Seriously. With it being May long weekend many of these young lads needed to buy their bare necessities for camping excursions and thus I had many interactions.

One that stuck out the most was the meeting of my future husband Patrick. We chatted it up for quite a while and then while I was serving his friends he still continued to butt in at any given moment, striving to keep my attention. Then they left to "discover new land" and left me wondering if I would ever see him again.

Thus, a missed connection. I hate these! You meet someone for a short period of time, some crazy mojo, hormonal, soul mate thing happens and then that's it. You are forever left wondering what if?

Earlier that week I had the pleasure of being invited over for dinner at a friends house, actually I was going to have dinner made for me by two guys. Needless to say I said yes! Unfortunately it didn't go the way I was hoping and although I had fun I felt like I had been let down just a little.

It seemed like nothing was going my way.

But what about when everything goes right? You take that little leap of faith and do something strictly on a whim and it actually works out.

I was crossing the street on my way to meet my Mom when a car full of good lookin hipsters turned into the 7-11 and I was like, hey why not? So I made my way into the corner store and bought myself an Arnold Palmer (best!) after paying for my drink I turned my head to check out these boys I decided to follow, it just so happened to be BEHIND SAPPHIRE!! Apparently they had played a free show at the high school earlier in the day and were now looking for some sweet slurpee refreshments. I said I was a big fan and loved their music and we chatted for a bit and then I left. As I went to cross the street I suddenly felt very crowded, turning around I saw the five of them standing behind me. Making a joke of what I had said earlier Grant said he wasn't stalking me, they were just wanting a better slurpee selection. We talked some more and then parted our ways and as the sun warmed my back I thought "THIS IS GOOD!"


On Sunday my pastor was away so I decided to go to my old church with my pal Cass. After a wonderful service we had a little date up good ol Mount T and just enjoyed the afternoon picnicking and singing songs.

Monday afternoon was spent with Mary and a surprise visit by JORDANA! I must admit I have a friend crush on this girl as she is rather rad. That night Mary, Cass and I went to Maple Bay beach and had a fire, reminiscing of friends past my heart was warmed at the thought that the three of us are going to be together for the long haul.

Last night at B-Stud we decided to go up Mount T again to hear Rae's testimony. I felt extremely blessed to be out in God's glory once again hearing of how great He really is. Another "This is Good" feeling overwhelmed me and I was rather taken aback at how blessed I am and how naive I am about it all.

Much love for the days to come- Amy

Comments

  1. A tad jealous right now. Not of meeting dudes, but rather the seemingly laid back lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.