I cut my strings and went wandering...


Saturday was a roller coaster of a day for me to say the least.

It started with a an early morning road trip to Coombs with none other than my sister. Weird right? Well she texted me a few days previous and for some unknown reason decided she liked me enough to want to spend the day with me.

Arriving in the lil tourist town we ate some fantastic breaky, bought some Mexican sweaters, and chatted up the Wabi Sabi boys for a solid half hour (at least I did :P)

After exploring we decided to go down to Nanaimo to get our shop on. Highlight of this part of the day was finding two CD's that I had previously owned but lost for $20! Gotta love HMV. (These would happen to be The Strokes "Is this it" and Joni Mitchell "Hits")

The goal of the day was to be back in D-town before 4 (that just made me think of B44 that cheesy band from the '90s. Anyone?) so that Cass and I could check out the Kelsey Graduation, well it was about 1 o'clock when we left Nanaimo for home and I had just received a text that some buds of mine were going to play basketball and of course I couldn't refuse.

Allison dropped me off at Quam for a little 3 on 3 sesh and man was it good, I haven't played Ball since eleventh grade and I surprised myself that I could still get it in the basket from time to time, my free throws are rather marvey :p. We then decided to play soccer and this is where I made a mistake for as of right now I can still barely walk!

Cassia swooped by to pick me up and we made our way to the school. Frick I gotta admit people dressed up all pretty turns me into the biggest dweeb ever. I gush and awe over everyone and even tear up a little, I was a proud Mama Bear to my buddy Colleen who looked superbly gorgeous as she is normally a bit of a tomboy.


The highlight was seeing my boy Sam make his way down the red carpet as he really pulled it together to graduate on time and I am so proud!

Afterwards we went to the Filgate's for a BBQ and a lot of laughs! It was nice reconnecting with old friends and the burgers weren't half bad either.

On another note, don't play sports in sparkly toms for you will get blisters.

The end.

-Amy

Comments

  1. I have a B44 CD if you wanted to borrow it because you lost that one too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.