... I am washed by the water.

Precious Jesus, I am ready, to surrender every care...
Yesterday was a beautiful day in so many ways, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I witnessed eleven people get baptized. My heart was so overwhelmed with joy that I could not stop weeping. I just kept thinking of how close I am to experiencing that same defining moment in my own life.

My bestest bud Cassia who has been mentioned on This is Good many a time decided to "take the plunge" so to speak and I was an utter wreck. The two of us are known for being the "criers" of the group and we did not let anybody down. Thank goodness for my sunnies or everyone really would have stared. As we embraced I couldn't help thinking this is so much better than anything, so much bigger than "This is Good."
The pastor then asked if anyone else, being able to answer the three questions with their whole heart, was ready to be baptized. Another one of our girls ran forward already wearing her bathing suit under her clothes to declare that Jesus is Lord! Crying as she exclaimed Yes to all three questions Jesus shined through her and witnessed to all of us.

The most touching moment for me was when our buddy T, who recently returned to the Lord and has had a total 180 switch in his life, got baptized by his Dad. I completely lost it. It was the most beautiful thing, having a "Prodigal son" vibe it moved me to tears while at the same time brought a beaming grin to my face.

Praise the Lord!

Much love and eternal life! Amy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...