Hiking, or something like it...

The day was Friday and the rain was coming down, not pouring like most, but misting in way that only Vancouver Island can. Jamie and I were about to embark on an adventure new to the both us, the goal, tackle Maple Mountain. We were supposed to go with the boys cause they were going to "show us how to tackle a real mountain." Unfortunately a funeral kept them from taking us, but being the brave adventurers that we are, we figured we could do it ourselves. Now I didn't even know where this mountain was so you can tell I was in for a suprise. So I met up with Jamie and we made our way to Crofton! Driving along, we chatted about the things that girls do, boys. After a while we pulled over on the side of the road and parked, I let out a cheerful "let's do this!" and we started to gather our things for the hike. Jamie reached into the backseat and grabbed the red club to put on her steering wheel. Then a bloodcurdling cry rang out and she buried her head in shame. I asked what was wrong and she said, "I forgot the key." We hadn't even started our hike yet and disaster, Jamie had locked her steering wheel and didn't have they key to unlock it. Luckily I brought my cellphone, (Jamie hadn't) and we called her mom. Her mom was no help so we got her brother Ryan's number and called him and he said he'd get around to bringing the key sometime, so we decided to go on our hike.

We walked a little while and found a sign that said TRAIL, we did some research and found that there are coloured markers for the trails so we figured why not and ventured into the dense forest. We were walking up and down and around following the green little dots and after about an hour and a half realized we really weren't getting any higher. So we ventured back to a fork in the path and took the other way, ten minutes later Jamie yells "WHAT IS THAT!" in a questioning manner, and I look into the distance to see... a house?! Why would someone's house be on this mountain? Obviously we were slightly confused and decided to just give up and make our way back. After some other exploring we got back to the car, Ryan hadn't been there yet so we sat inside and watched good ol' breakfast club on my ipod, my phone began to ring so Jamie ran outside for better reception. Just as she made it back to the car Ryan greeted us with the key.

We made our way home with our tails between our legs feeling a little defeated, but eager to try again on another day.

Sometimes you do need a guy to show you how to climb a mountain.

Comments

  1. Amy a guy is not the answer on how to succesfully climb a mountain, Mary Holman is the answer. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.