The rich smell of mahogany....

Groan.... I need to move.

Friday night involved me and a good pal going to my favourite Island city, Victoria, and spending a fantastic evening with a grand group of mates, but, alas, we had to return home and instead of getting a 'fix' from seeing my dearest friends I am now left missing them even more than before.

I've always been told that God places us in certain places at certain times and although I'd like to think Duncan needs me I can't help feeling a tad out of sorts when I think of all the things waiting for me elsewhere.

It's the age old situation of you don't know what you've got til it's gone and man have my eyes been opened to all I am missing out on.

I just keep imagining how much happier and satisfied with my life I would be if I could just have it my way, if I could just be around those who are dearest to me but then I realize even if I could have it my way I would always be wanting more for I will never be truly satisfied if I don't find satisfaction if God and God alone.

I mean it's not like I'm completely devoid of anything worthwhile here, it's just I have so much ambition for myself and I can't help feeling like a salmon that's too big for the Cowichan river.

Guess for now I'm just stuck with itchy feet and frequent malahat travels.

Much love and greener grass-- Amy



Comments

  1. I feel you. It doesn't matter where you go, there are always amazing people in other places you wish you could be with. It's hard not to think "I'm missing out" no matter where you are. Thank God we don't have to miss out on Him.

    Where do you get your pictures from? They are always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! some of them are my own but a large majority of them are from tumblr :) I just go to tumblr.com/explore and usually click on fashion or portraits and just look through them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...