No turning back, no turning back....


Well it's been a while folks and for that I apologize, but nevertheless life has been uber cray cray as of late, let me fill you in.

Over the Christmas season my sister got engaged, moved to Edmonton, had a ridiculous trip getting there (she
drove with a less than agreeable car) and caused us all a brain aneurysm waiting to hear if she was alive or not, but nonetheless she made it and things are grand on her end.
As for me I feel like I am in a constant state of change, looking back on this year I feel like I have matured so much, just in decision making and how my brain formulates it's views on things is so evolved from the way I used to be and it's really neat to be able to recognize that.

But this wouldn't be a blog post without a few "this is good" moments so here are some recent ones...

on New years day I woke up intending to go up Mt. T with some pals of mine, I dressed the part, layering myself with moisture wicking materials that would keep me cool and warm. But, alas, I opened the door to my amigas only to notice their attire was not up to code. Wearing a jean skirt my pal Tor greeted me with a "change of plans, we're kidnapping you."

I did a quick change and off we were to Victoria for a little shopping and some catching up, we tried on ridiculous dresses and had a blast ending the trip with a visit to my bestest bud James, it was a great way to end the day.

That evening I went to the local Christian school to ring in the new year playing games and watching movies with some mates, after a intense dodge ball match and my team winning a game of three-on three basketball we retreated in to the high school to relax i
n front of the movie screen before the big moment.

After the movie finished we gathered in a circle as we usually do to pray and thank the Lord for all the glorious (and treacherous) moments from the past year and praised Him that looking forward there is so much hope and excitement to see what is in store for us all.

These words rang much truer than usual for me as a large group of men from "Teen Challenge" were there with us that night and as they are currently in recovery it touches my heart to hear about their hope and joy for their future.

As we closed with a harmonic "amen" one of the older gentleman wanted to sing a hymn, "I have decided to follow Jesus." Bless his soul my eyes filled with tears as these men of God poured out their hearts as they genuinely sang the verses, off-tune and out of key, it was one of the most beautiful renditions I have ever heard.

Last night we were graciously invited to a magnificent dinner at one of our friend's house, we walked in only to be overwhelmed by an array of glorious smells and as my stomach growled upon entrance I knew that this was going to be good!

There is a joke going on between them and my mother as the father has decided that I and his son are to marry, now what makes this even more hilarious is that he married a Hindi woman and this is her son and therefore it is a joke of an "arranged marriage, dowry included." Now I actually really like this guy, I'm not sure if he is on the joke but as we hugged goodbye I heard snickers in the background.

We will see what happens, but nevertheless I am apparently "chosen to be his."

Now as we have embarked on a new year I am constantly being asked about my "resolution" and as of now I only have one and I am pretty sure my close friends can guess what it is, I, Amy Pickard, am going to finally get my learners permit. It will happen.

Much love with no regrets-- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...