Wanna Race?

So last night was going to be monumental. I was supposed to go see Del  Barber (previously mentioned before on here as my true love) at the DGS but alas I didn't end up going SADFACE!

But as I sat at home, watching the live stream, I got a text from some mates to come have a brew or two down at the local watering hole.  So I gussied myself up, put on my lucky heels, and made my way downtown.

After some laughs and some HILARIOUS sing-alongs with the bartender we decided to head our separate ways and go home.  As we exited the pub I hear "Out of all the gin joints, in all the world..."

I turn to see an EXTREMELY long lost mate of mine whom I haven't seen since 12th grade!  Long story short, his brother and I were really, really close and he ended up dying from complications from a brain hemorrhage the summer before grade 12 and I hadn't seen any of his family since the funereal.  Needless to say there were tears and laughs and giant hugs all around.

I originally met these two guys at B.C's for track and to live up to old times we decided to race.

Instead of taking off my shoes I made the stupid decision to run in them.  I ended up winning the race but instead of taking home a medal or ribbon, I went home with a broken bone in my foot.  Just a minor one, but needless to say, it hurts.

Much love and fast times -- A

Comments

  1. The visual is hysterical...
    Was it the striped wedges Or actual heels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, they were legit heels. Thank goodness they had an ankle strap though or I could have seriously died.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

There's a reason that I love this town...