Greater far...

I was listening to my ipod as I walked home from work today and as Leeland's song "I can see your love" played in my ears I realized that the band incorporated lyrics from one of my favourite hymns.  'The Love of God" is an old time favorite and gets me going every time.  I especially love the third verse:

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.


I just googled these lyrics and found out something cool,  although this hymn is written by Frederick M. Lehman, this well known verse was found penciled on the wall of a narrow room in an insane asylum by a man said to have been demented. The profound lines were discovered when they laid him in his coffin.

I just think that is so cool.

Nonetheless you never know what might end up making someone think, this is good.

Much love and inspired minds -- Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.