We drink our coffee and pretend not to look at eachother...

Scratch another week off the roster for we are halfway there. (WHOA LIVING ON A PRAYER!)

But for reals; my mind is blown at how fast this summer is going by.  SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED; both at Camp Q and in my life at home that I legitimately have not processed any of it.  I feel a bit like I'm on auto pilot.

Surprise surprise I'm starting to find myself getting really attached to the darlings around me.  I'm really not looking forward to the day that is barreling towards us when we all have to bid adieu.  A few have already departed back to their homelands and my heart is so ill-prepared for the rest to go.

The Lord is constantly reminding me of his unending love; not only through people that constantly encourage and lift me up but also in the daily reminders that I am doing the same.  I'm blown away by how many people confide in me on a daily basis.  It's the hugest compliment to know that A) they come to me for advice and B) they actually take it and put it into practice.

My heart has been strongly yearning to council lately and thus I've come to the realization that the Lord has given me the ability to council my peers around me.  He's made me someone who they can come to and lean on for support; for guidance; and sometimes even just a giggle or two. I'm honored to say the least.

It's always refreshing to look back and wonder how the h-e-double hockey sticks I ended up here.  I've grown in so many ways over these past few years; just looking back on this blog is proof of that. It's so reaffirming of the realness of God; and; even though this adventure hasn't been what it initially seemed; I can't help but think; even now; This is Good.

“We seek God so earnestly... not to find Him but to discover ourselves.”

James A. Michener


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy here I am...

I'm just a lovesick fool....

All my friends can't get along with the idea of growing old.