Round and round and round we go...

Last night I went to a pub for the first time. Mary and I walked in and felt extremely awkward as we had no idea what we were doing. I had one cider and felt like a complete rebel, needless to say I had some trouble relaxing in a setting like that.

We were met by our friend Chelsea who has been away for the past year galavanting in Australia, she gave us a report on her travels and we giggled away at some rather hilarious experiences.

All the while there were this table of guys sitting across from us, I had complete view and it turns out I knew them from school. They were two years older than me but I remembered them rather vividly as I had dorky school girl crushes on two of them.

As we were paying our tabs (so weird!) one of them got up with his sleeve of beer in tow and started to talk to us. The typical "Hey ladies" conversation started up and he asked us what we were all doing later. Chelsea and her two friends were going to the Garage for a concert, unfortunately I had to skip this one and told him I was going home. I'm not 100% sure what his intentions were but he didn't give up until Mary gave him the "devil eyes" and he raised his hands in defeat and went back to his bosum buddies.

Whenever a situation like that happens I always wonder what the outcome would of been if I wasn't a Christian girl. The society we live in typically views me as a prude because of the fact that I went home whereas on the other hand I would be viewed as a slut because I decided to hangout with these boys. What I hate is that in my own mind I wanted to stay and "have fun" but does being a Christian deprive you of having "fun?" Or does it just mean we are having fun and enjoying ourselves in a way that the secular world just doesn't comprehend? I'm still battling with that one myself.

As for now you can refer to me as Amy, the local prude. And frankly if Jesus is alright with that, than Jesus is alright with me.

Comments

  1. You are not a prude my friend Amy. You are just a girl who knows her morals and sticks to them. Jesus and I and many other of your friends are perfectly fine and completely okay with your decisions and we love you to no end. Memb all those fun Christian times we've had together?
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just a lovesick fool....

Daddy here I am...

Scared shitless to leave home, and I don't want to go alone.